As the owner of a new giant printer, I instantly fell in love with this DIY from PBJ Stories. I just had to share it with all of you. Any time I can save space and hide clutter, I’m SOOOOO happy! I actually own this Hemnes dresser (from Ikea), but it’s still too small for my giant all-in-one printer. SO, I’ll have to keep searching for the perfect dresser. For now, PBJ Stories said I can share her DIY with you.
How she did it:
- This Hemnes dresser is perfect for this DIY, because the dresser fronts are attached by wooden dowels. Makes them easier to remove. She used a utility knife to detach the base from the front. If you need a little extra help, use a rubber mallet to knock it out.
- Use 3 utility hinges to attach the bottom of the drawer front and drawer base together.
- Attach a right and left support hinge to each side of the dresser drawer.
- Drill a hole in the back of the drawer. This is perfect to string the printer wire out the back.
- Add your printer, you’re done!
You can see more photos and more details on how she did it here, on PBJ Stories. Stop by and say hello!
- Chelsey, The Paper Mama
Images: 1. Hemnes Dresser, IKEA 2. HP All-in-one printer, HP 3. Stanley Hardware Utility Hinge, Amazon 4. Stanley Retractable Utility Knife, Amazon 5. KV Lid Support Hinge, Amazon // Hide-Away Printer images, PBJ Stories
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Style Blog